Go Motorsport is seeking motivated individuals for the positions of Go Motorsport Regional Development Officers. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team helping to grow motor sport from the grassroots on behalf of the Motor Sports Association (MSA), the national governing body of four wheeled motor sport in the UK.
The ideal candidate will be confident and articulate as the role will involve working with local motor clubs, regional associations and other organisations. The work will include supporting motor clubs, regional associations, other organisations, education establishments and encouraging new people into motor sport.
It is essential that the candidate is a motivated self-starter, can demonstrate an ability to work independently and is prepared to work evenings/weekends as required, presenting the best image of club motor sport.
A strong understanding of domestic motor sport is essential and the ideal candidate will have significant knowledge and experience of club motor sport, and especially of motor sport in their region and the people involved. It is expected that the candidate is resident in the area for which they are applying.
The MSA will undertake an enhanced DBS check on behalf of the successful individual.
Regions being recruited for:
|RDO Region||Counties/area covered|
|North||Cumbria, Durham, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear|
|Yorkshire||East Riding of Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire|
|East||Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk|
|South East||Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey|
|East Midlands||Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland|
Hours of work: 10 hours per week (flexible hours across the week)
Duration of contract: annual, this is a contract of services and contracted on a self-employed basis.
Remuneration: £6,000 per annum
Reasonable expenses incurred in the process of fulfilling the contract will be covered in line with the expenses policy.
Duties will include:
• Being the first point of contact for the MSA and proactively working to assist the development and sustainment of motor sport in the region
• Liaising with MSA Regional Associations and regularly attending regional association meetings
• Engaging with local MSA motor clubs, encouraging them to diversify and grow, providing support and sharing ideas and best practice between clubs
• Engaging with local venues and events, including non-motor sport activities to promote motor sport
• Utilising initiative and experience to develop motor sport at all levels
• Creating and maintaining links both with and between schools, colleges and universities and local motor clubs to generate opportunities for students to volunteer and / or compete
• Creating and maintaining links with other organisations to promote and develop motor sport
• Following up local enquiries received by Go Motorsport
• Maintaining regular dialogue with the MSA Development Manager and providing reports of activity undertaken
Interested applicants should send a brief CV and letter of introduction detailing motor sport experience, current employment status, why you consider you are an appropriate candidate and the region you are applying for to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 7th April 2017.
Regional Development Officer Recruitment - South East
03 January 2018
Barry Arundell and Southsea Motor Club win prestigious MSA Awards
07 December 2017
Go Motorsport Regional Development Officer Recruitment
24 March 2017
McKeefry and Farnborough DMC Win Volunteer and Club Awards for 2016
21 December 2016
Get involved with Go Motorsport at TRAX this weekend
03 September 2014