Go Motorsport is the Motor Sports Association’s development programme, to encourage new people into motor sport and to develop and sustain motor sport. We are currently seeking a Regional Development Officer for the North of England and a Regional Development Officer for the East Midlands.
This role is an opportunity to support and develop motor sport in the UK and to help grow motor sport from the grassroots on behalf of the Motor Sports Association (MSA), the national governing body of four wheeled motor sport in the UK.
It is imperative that the candidate is a motivated self-starter and is confident and able to work independently including managing their own diary and workload.
The work will include supporting motor clubs, regional associations and education establishments to encourage new people into motor sport, develop motor sport and sustain motor sport in the region via a variety of methods. The candidate must be prepared to work evenings/weekends as required due to the nature of the sport.
A strong understanding of domestic motor sport is essential and the ideal candidate will have significant knowledge and experience of club motor sport, and especially of motor sport in their region and the people involved. It is expected that the candidate is resident in the area for which they are applying. Examples of work that Regional Development Officers undertake are regularly published within the MSA Newsletter, available at https://www.msauk.org/News-Publications/Publications/MSA-newsletters
The MSA will undertake an enhanced DBS check on behalf of the successful individual. Interviews will take place during February in anticipation of the contract commencing on 1st March 2018.
Regions being recruited for:
Cumbria, Durham, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear
Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland
Hours of work: 10 hours per week (flexible hours across the week)
Duration of contract: annual, this is a contract of services and contracted on a self-employed basis.
Remuneration: £6,300 per annum
Reasonable expenses incurred in the process of fulfilling the contract will be covered in line with the expenses policy.
Duties will include:
- Being the first point of contact for the MSA and proactively working to assist the development and sustainment of motor sport in the region
- Liaising with MSA Regional Associations and regularly attending regional association meetings
- Engaging with local MSA motor clubs, encouraging them to diversify and grow, providing support and sharing ideas and best practice between club.
- Engaging with local venues and events, including non-motor sport activities to promote motor sport
- Managing own diary and workload to successfully achieve the above
- Utilising initiative and experience to develop motor sport at all levels
- Creating and maintaining links both with and between schools, colleges and universities and local motor clubs to generate opportunities for students to engage in motor sport
- Creating and maintaining links with other organisations to promote and develop motor sport
- Following up local enquiries received by Go Motorsport
- Maintaining regular dialogue with the MSA Development Manager and providing reports of activity undertaken
Interested applicants should send a brief CV and letter of introduction detailing motor sport experience, current employment status, why you consider you are an appropriate candidate and the region you are applying for to suze.[email protected] to be received by 5pm on Friday 26th January 2018.
Regional Development Officer Recruitment - South East
03 January 2018
Barry Arundell and Southsea Motor Club win prestigious MSA Awards
07 December 2017
Regional Development Officer Recruitment - North of England & East Midlands
01 December 2017
MSA Launches Rebranded Development Fund
05 May 2017
Go Motorsport Regional Development Officer Recruitment
24 March 2017